gdavidbrown
A
If you had read the thread you would have seen that I did not make any "ableist" jokes. I did not make fun of or attack anyone. This is the sort of post that is making Spoutible look like X.

'
Adele Not the singer @WineandBirdseed
This is the guy with the ableist “jokes”
That poor poor man! He was gently corrected and is Still whining about it.
Some people just don’t learn
11:16 AM - Jan 08, 2024
11:25 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
In response to gdavidbrown.
I had a few people take issue with me mentioning Trump's substance abuse induced incontinence. I have compassion for their own issue, but I wasn't attacking them. My comment was regarding Trump's narcissistic pompacity despite his well known addictive habits and other failures.
11:31 AM - Jan 08, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
In response to StDunstan.
-nods- I witnessed that. You were right. If you can tolerate it, don't back down when the bullies gather and attack you.
11:36 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
Thank you for the support. I've muted a couple of them, blocked the one who wasn't happy with my apology, and I took down the offensive post because of the lack of clarity. The thread in it's entirety wasn't making fun of incontinence, it was entirely directed at Trump's irrational behavior.
11:40 AM - Jan 08, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
I agree. :-) Yes, I was thinking of the future when I spoke of reporting.
11:46 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
I got called an a.. and a Trump hater. I was just warming up to turn ableism into something resembling pulled pork.
09:24 PM - Jan 09, 2024 (Edited)
gdavidbrown
A
"Ableism" has been on my mind since our bludgeoning. Does mental illness qualify for protection if the afflicted individual is running for POTUS and has millions of followers who think he/she is a divine being?
10:04 AM - Jan 10, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
It's really not that complicated.

You can ridicule the man for his actions and for what he says, but labeling his choices as the result of mental illness

doesn't affect him.

It makes mental illness the linchpin of the joke.

And that makes the folx with real mental illnesses the ones affected.
02:49 PM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
gdavidbrown
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
I don't see it like that. I see mental illness in a person running for office as a significant issue, one criterion for making a decision. I don't make fun of people with mental illness or any illness for that matter. It is extending "ableism" everywhere that creates a problem. I want to know its l
03:08 PM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
shadeygreyskies
A
It's not about YOU and how YOU see it.

It's about those on the edges of our society who are telling you that it harms them in ways you have never even considered.

If you care to learn, there are many, many orgs on the internet who can explain why this is harmful far better than 300 characters.
03:12 PM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
gdavidbrown
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
So, from your replies it seems that in your view mental illness cannot be used as a criterion to judge someone's fitness for public office. It must not be discussed because some people might see it as a hurtful attack on them.

I'm done.
03:33 PM - Jan 10, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
In response to Lee Bruce.
Bookmarked. :-)
10:17 AM - Jan 11, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
In response to Lee Bruce.
Like that a lot. Thank you. Reminds me of Irving Copi's textbook sections on Logical Fallacies and Informal Logic.
10:16 AM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}