Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Dıanna
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
I've written of this before, but I once blundered into a mess during my early Twitter experience. I flippantly replied to what I saw as sexism, completely missing the intersectionality of the racism. I was immediately called out, attacked & also defended. It was my 1st encounter with Black Twitt
10:21 AM - Jan 13, 2024 (Edited)
Dıanna
A
In response to Dıanna.
Initially I pushed back defensively, but then took a breath and realized I hadn't read the room & missed the context. I apologized & bowed out. That thread wasn't my space & I acknowledged that.
That isn't the point of this though.
What really hit me was when I tried to discuss this with fellow ...
10:24 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Rob Taylor
A
there are so many people looking for new places to vomit their hatred. even a Christian devotional website in the comments (which do get deleted pretty quickly). I imagine these people don't have any interests other than Fox News. And they get butt hurt so fast like 5 year olds.
10:14 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Rob Taylor.
These people function a very primitive level of psychological development 5 years old sounds about right.
10:52 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Merlene Taylor
A
Wow. Personally, I can handle a difference of opinion, it's the blatant lies on the other site that I could no longer take.
05:19 PM - Jan 12, 2024

PS Annie
A
Well said! I was having trouble expressing what is so disappointing about this defensiveness. You articulated it perfectly. I'm not disappointed that people have conscious or unconscious biases, we all do. I'm disappointed at the refusal to even consider the possibility & at the self-victimization.
04:14 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Tricia
A
Excellent thread, Liz. 💕
02:44 PM - Jan 12, 2024

Janet aka April
A
Thank you. I so appreciate your threads. I spent a lot of time late last night reflecting on your comments and what I still need to learn and understand. I am grateful for the chance. I may slip up, but I will not run away. And I will keep trying to do better. ♥️
02:21 PM - Jan 12, 2024

Linda Eisenstein
A
Oh the paper-thin skin of some WM who receive pushback for the 1st time without a chorus of WM supremacists helping them drown out marginalized voices!

It's an experience they have literally never had & are emotionally & socially unprepared for.
01:43 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
They took an opportunity to learn and turn their backs
01:41 PM - Jan 12, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}