Janet Zimmerman
A
thread 1/4
Cooking tip of the day: If you have an immersion blender (aka stick blender) and 5 ingredients, it's a breeze to make homemade mayonnaise. Start with a wide-mouth jar (or 2-cup liquid measuring cup) -- the blender should go all the way to the bottom but you don't want much space around it.
04:22 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Janet Zimmerman
A
thread 2/4
Crack a large egg in the bottom of the jar. Add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. fine salt). Finally, add 1 cup vegetable oil. Place the immersion blender all the way into the jar, touching the bottom.
Janet Zimmerman
A
thread 3/4
Turn it on and slowly pull the blender up to the top of the jar. That's it; you'll now have a jar of mayonnaise. If you've used a measuring cup to blend, transfer it to a container you can seal and store in the fridge.
Janet Zimmerman
A
thread 4/4
The order of ingredients is not crucial, but always start with the egg at the bottom and add the oil last. If you like, you can substitute 1/3 cup olive oil for 1/3 cup of the vegetable oil, but any more olive oil can cause the mayonnaise to separate. #SpoutibleCooks #SpoutibleFoodies #cookingtips
Ms. Gen
A
In response to Janet Zimmerman.
Just seeing this spout and homemade mayo will take food to the next level.
Once made hubby a BLT with mayo I made and he made me feel like Julia Child.
Worth it.
04:57 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
In response to Janet Zimmerman.
I saw this recipe the other day, and keep thinking about it. I have not tried to make it yet but it’s on my to-do list!
10:12 PM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}