Joon Bugg
A
thread 1/3
Ppl who haven't experienced significant trauma to the point they develop c/PTSD probably find it difficult to understand how embarking on an odyssey to secure a better future for yourself or your child that you KNEW AS A FACT held the potential to die & you set off on that trek anyway because even
07:31 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
thread 2/3
if wherever you were fleeing to was dangerous you had a 50/50 chance of it being better & those were odds worth risking your life for because not fleeing meant you were sure to die violently.
So if you cannot understand what would drive these asylum seekers to brave deserts, walk 1000s of miles,
Joon Bugg
A
thread 3/3
Spend every dime to get their children rescued, then you should get down on your knees & give thanks. That's not the kind of fear I'd wish on anyone. Even if you prevail, that terror makes a lifelong mark on the soul.
Deanna Langille
A
In response to Joon Bugg.
This point is well stated and should be amplified to the general public who don’t seem to understand the trauma and trials of these strong people.
08:40 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
In response to Deanna Langille.
I guarantee you, no one who reaches the RGV, does so without developing c-PTSD. The sheer magnitude of the endeavor promises inescapable struggle & horror.
That we would greet them by letting them drown makes me ashamed to be American & Texan & I don't even know what to do with that.
08:42 AM - Jan 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}