Cynthia Williams
A
I've been asked to join a new initiative in my city that seeks to heal the breach between the Jewish and Black communities caused by the Israeli-Hamas War. Jewish leaders in my town have no intention of being used by white racists to attack their Black brethren. Same for Blacks re: Jewish brethren.
03:20 PM - Jan 14, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
That’s awesome. Congratulations!
02:24 PM - Jan 15, 2024
Roxy Meloni
A
Thank you! I have always felt like Jewish and Black people have more in common than most minorities. It is important to stay allies . #togetherwearebeautiful
03:01 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Roxy Meloni.
I agree, Roxy. 👍🏾
06:17 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Eric B
B
I hope all parties involed in that war come together in unity with the black community in this endeavor.
12:37 AM - Jan 15, 2024
ecsbrooklyn
A
Congratulations on being asked, and thank you!
12:30 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
What a great opportunity! ❤️
08:59 PM - Jan 14, 2024
steveN b
A
Thank you Cynthia … I stand with you.
Your commentary is appreciated.
05:57 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Max Prophet
A
Apologies if this is a stupid question. But why would there be a breach between black and jewish people over the Israel Gaza war?
04:22 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Max Prophet.
I also have 5 large college campuses in and around my city. The local GOP conservatives have encouraged my city's residents to file complaints to the college Boards about the pro-Palestine protests, calling them "antisemite harassment." Local Jewish leaders chose to step in and defend the students.
06:26 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Max Prophet.
All the back and forth has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth because the racists in my area have made tensions escalate between the Jewish and Black leadership. So, finally a group of Jewish and Black leaders announced last wk this division must stop. We can't let white racists destroy our unity.
06:30 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Deb Prothero
A
This is such a great idea. Intersectionality is so important. The rallies in support of BLM after the murder of George Floyd involved everyone in my town. This scared the far right and conservatives because they saw white people join in those marches. I think they need/want to tighten the screws.
03:55 PM - Jan 14, 2024
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
This is the hill I will die on! 😊 #togetherwearebeautiful
03:53 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Barbara Reid
A
Solidarity is the only way! Thank you! ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
03:26 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
My SiL is working on a similar initiative in Oakland but Chinese community rather than Jewish. It has to be done because it is mostly people like me (white, not Jewish) stirring the animosity for nefarious ends
03:23 PM - Jan 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}