Bev Turner
A
So has everybody been minding their manners while I took the long arm of the vacuum cleaner and waged war with the lady bugs literally coming out of the woodwork?
12:01 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Leah
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Yall talking about box elders? Those are swarming on my house for the heat on the white paint
12:29 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Leah.
No, luckily we don't have many boxelders. These are a type a ladybug but instead of red shell these are more orange and will bite. We hardly ever see the red variety around here anymore.
12:40 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Faye Ameredes
A
I had the same problem for several years and finally overcame those hoards by squirting boric acid powder into every crevice I could find in the woodwork - especially between the glass and the window frame. So far so good - several years out.
12:27 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Faye Ameredes.
Do you put the boric acid on the outside window frames? There are nearly as many as past years but so aggravating.
12:42 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Beluga Rose
A
I did the same yesterday 😳
Like how are there so many😳
You know if you tape a baggy with baby powder in it to a sunny window they will all go inside and cannot get out right?
12:03 PM - Mar 07, 2023 (Edited)
Bev Turner
A
In response to Beluga Rose.
No, I did not know that. I'll have to give that a try. Thank you. These pesky things are not even the real ladybugs, which are red. These are more orange and they will bite. Many years ago, farmers brought them in to control something and now they have taken over.
12:36 PM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}