MonzaMayhem
A
Many in the Long Covid and disability communities feel abandoned by Biden. While I personally will vote for Biden, I do know some in these communities who won't. This is why today's Senate hearing on Long Covid was so important.
03:21 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
Last September, HHS announced $45 million in grants for Long Covid and that's because of President Biden. So why people are trying to falsely accuse Biden of "abandoning them"?

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2023/09/20/hhs-awards-45-million-grants-expand-access-care-people-lon...
05:56 AM - Jan 19, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Ray King.
Because they don't know Biden is doing these things for them. That's why it's so important to identify these people and target them with the appropriate messages.
06:00 AM - Jan 19, 2024 (Edited)
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Ray King.
I'd love to see Biden or Harris meet with some Long Covid advocates and discuss these accomplishments. It's those types of efforts that will help people understand that they haven't been abandoned. People who suffer from Long Covid aren't reading HHS announcements and the press is silent.
06:07 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Ray King
A
President Biden has already been working on a government response to Long Covid since last April. It takes time to get all of this implemented.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2023/04/05/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-makes-progress-whol...
05:51 AM - Jan 19, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Ray King.
That's great. These efforts really need to be discussed more by his administration so he can get the credit. Many in the Long Covid community are unaware of these efforts. These are the types of things that could really help bring these voters back.
05:57 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Deb
A
What would you want Biden to do? I have several friends with long COVID who know the medical community is what they can. What more can be done?
03:24 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Deb.
I can’t even with the OP, Deb. You’re a better person than me.
03:28 AM - Jan 19, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Deb.
Talk about it. He's never mentioned Long Covid. Or at a minimum, have his CDC Director talk about it. She's silent. Work with Congress on getting permanent funding for research, like he's done for cancer and Veterans. From the hearing, it appears there is bipartisan support for LC funding.
05:09 AM - Jan 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}