Jerrybme
A
thread 1/4
Day 4 of my knee replacement journey.
Settling into a routine now. Told I can only sit for no more than 2 hrs/day. Must keep the knee higher than my heart to help with swelling. However, free to walk as much as I can. So, binging on Succession laying on the couch with elevated leg.
01:26 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 2/4
After each episode up and walking around for at least 10 minutes. BTW, Succession is as good as the hype, really enjoying it.

The PT exercises are done twice a day and while they seem simple I do work up a bit of a sweat. Gotta keep bending the knee to break up scar tissue.
01:33 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 3/4
Today my wife gets to do the dressing change. Lucky woman lol
01:34 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 4/4
Getting a nice bruise where I imagine they had my ankle in some sort of vice to hold leg still while they operated. Or perhaps the blood from the surgery is pooling down there.
01:42 PM - Jan 21, 2024 (Edited)
Karen CBrownie
A
Thanks for these spouts. I am scheduled for same procedure and I am learning what questions to ask surgical team and just a better idea of what to expect. Very much appreciated! Good luck on the journey 🍀
In response to Jerrybme.
02:12 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Jerrybme
A
In response to Karen CBrownie.
So glad you’re finding these helpful! That was my intent. Not knowing what to expect in medical situations makes them scary.

Here’s hoping your journey will go smoothly. Just keep moving!
02:41 PM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}