Salma Typhii
A
This would be amazing!
01:23 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Rainbow Trucknutz
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
This and single payer health care should be the core reparations to all US citizens
10:31 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Jody
A
I'm proud that TN offers free tuition: https://www.nscc.edu/tuiti...
07:17 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
I'd like this even more if it included GED recipients.
07:14 PM - Jan 23, 2024
MaryBeth Turner
A
In response to Joon Bugg.
It should, GED is a HS degree. But you're right, sometimes how they set up these programs creates barriers that shouldn't be there.
09:26 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Nope
A
In response to Joon Bugg.
I don't think a HS degree should even be required.
Some people don't flourish in restrictive environments like US schools or when living with their families. So many high school graduates can't read or do basic math making it required assumes a basic level of knowledge that doesn't exist.
12:52 PM - May 17, 2024
Donna Jones
B
Wonderful news! I have been saying this for a long time. I work at a community college in NM and it’s long past due for this.
04:43 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
Totally amazing!!!
04:37 PM - Jan 23, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
This is huge. Loan forgiveness is not enough, because it does nothing to prevent the loan in the first place. For a sustainable future we need to invest in education beyond high school (K-12). That was then. Now, we need K through “16th” grade.
04:06 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
Possibly the best mentor advice I ever gave was to refugee familes in AZ and CA when I told them go community college and then transfer to a state university. So much $$ saved! And their degree looks just like everyone else's
04:31 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
Michigan has become the role model. Amazing what you can do when elections have the right consequences.
02:00 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
It used to be this way in many cities until Reagan went after Cal because they protested his views as Governor.

So he punished them with removing state funds...and the other states followed.
01:39 PM - Jan 23, 2024 (Edited)
The Reluctant Townie
A
My son called community college 13th grade. It was half humor, half derogatory group behavior. But it made me think why not make community college an extension of a learning environment they already knew, just not mandatory. It's a maligned resource. Like so many.
01:29 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
Did he go there or just slam it? At least in my experience half the facility at community colleges are also teaching at the university and basically the syllabus. Totally jammed up folks who thought they'd get their organic chemistry prereqs "easy". Same damned prof!
01:32 PM - Jan 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}