Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Totally white Barbie (I dgaf if poc/Black people were in it) and it's white misogyny will be a much bigger story than Origin getting fucked over in every sense of the word. Fuck Barbie.
05:35 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
I don’t go to the movies anymore. I will pay to watch the movie at home.I watched a bunch of interviews Ava Duvernay and the cast of Origin has done. She said if it’s not “what the studios believe in they aren’t interested in it”.This is a movie about everything, race, systems, caste, grief etc.
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
05:44 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Frank Jousselin
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
I just went to see the film with my wife. We both sat in silence at the end. Brilliant film that brought to life the amazing work of Isabel Wilkerson. The book made me reflect deeply…but the film added the layers of empathy and emotions that hit home. I did not stop crying for a long while..
04:44 PM - Jan 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
I know what she said, and in some ways she's right, but she should be wrong. This is everything an Oscar nominated film should be about. But Barbie got 11 nominations. And I don't give a damn how feminist and good and awesome people say it was. Fuckin Barbie. I'm exhausted.
05:46 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
This is what “Americans love” the dumbing down of everything. The glorification of not being an intellectual, diving deep into systemic racism, and white supremacy etc!! Understanding how we arrived to this point we are right in this moment!
05:49 PM - Jan 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}