Michael Freeman
A
Interesting analysis, and I thank you for posting it. I have many thoughts, but they're currently not organized enough to articulate.

The one thing that's clear is that the invasion of Ukraine was a huge geopolitical error on Putin's part, one that could fundamentally change Russia's future.
Deb Prothero @Deb_Prothero
The Icarus Project's video explains Suwalki Gap & Kaliningrad's importance to Ukraine war. This helps me understand the measured pace of weapons to Ukraine. There is method to this madness. With Finland & soon Sweden in NATO, Kaliningrad is becoming a liability for Russia where once it was a threat.
How Russia is Losing Kaliningrad (and why it matters) - YouTube

In the shadow of Russia's war against Ukraine, there is a front that has often been forgotten. The war is having a significant impact on Russia's exclave, Ka...

05:35 AM - Jan 24, 2024
08:56 AM - Jan 24, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
Really fascinating. Putin's great accomplishment still remains getting Finland into NATO.
10:48 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
It reminds me of the Soviet-Afghan war which IIRC was supposed to be a short show of military strength 🤔 I got to brush up on that background
09:03 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Yeah, but this could be bigger than that.

The Soviet-Afghan war led directly to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. This could lead to the dissolution of Russia.

I need to think this though ...
09:12 AM - Jan 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}