David Bowen
A
thread 1/2
Does anyone seeing this spout own or have experience with a BEV (battery electric vehicle)?

I've been planning to buy one (which one? who knows) and am interested in people's experiences, e.g., charging, road trips, etc. Thanks
03:38 PM - Jan 25, 2024
David Bowen
A
thread 2/2
A couple years ago we rewired the garage to 100 amp service and installed a dryer outlet (60 amp) near the garage door to allow for EV charging. I've never used the outlet so I hope it works. It seems that public charging may still be problematic, which is not good for road trips.
04:25 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Elizabeth
A
It took a few days to get used to; it’s a totally different rhythm. It charges faster from
In response to David Bowen.
05:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024 (Edited)
Elizabeth
A
In response to Elizabeth.
Not sure what happened - I typed that twice. I routinely drive to the Bay Area (~400mi) and charge 2x 30-40 or 30, 30, and 15-20. The superchargers are near food or shopping, and I am seeing more no -Tesla chargers alongside.
06:04 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Elizabeth
A
In response to Elizabeth.
TBH, it’s better for my back, fatigue level and bladder. Usually by the time I walk across the parking, use the restroom, get coffee/food, or do some errands it’s ready to go. (My 2015 doesn’t have the range of newer cars). Nearly all the chargers are near amenities or something interesting.
05:59 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}