Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit
A
Of course if an electromagnetic pulse occurs having a bank account becomes irrelevant because that means the nukes were launched and money becomes useless
BryanOfOhio @BryanOfOhio
May I point out here that old people like me still use the Postal Service to pay bills. Yes, we like to write a good old-fashioned hard copy check.
WHY.?
I grew up in the 60s I have 2 words for you ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE
08:10 PM - Jan 25, 2024
08:26 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Licia
A
In response to Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit.
This is why I always stock up on salt, sugar, flour, and spices. Money could become useless, but not these goodies.
08:30 PM - Jan 25, 2024
A
Most “peppers” have bad plans though,the idea of hoarding gold and silver for example its smarter to hoard car batteries. You’d have a ton of cheap lead to make bullets hoard steel to make guns, copper, brass etc more abundant and more useful
In response to Licia.
08:37 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
What preppers should be hoarding are skills. Learn how to fix and build things, how to cook, sew, etc. They don't, though. They hoard gold & build bunkers & buy buckets of shitty food that will spoil within a year because they're larping. Olds with skills might be okay in a post-apocalyptic society.
10:02 PM - Jan 25, 2024
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
I often see them go to Costco and buy those big square plastic buckets full of “emergency” rice pilaf. ALA prepper chow
10:10 PM - Jan 25, 2024 (Edited)
Licia
A
Most peppers probably won't be in the vicinity of their bunkers when shit hits the fan anyway. That was my absolute favorite take away from "Leave the World Behind." I do keep a stack of cash in my house as it would serve as nice kindling for a fire.
09:10 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}