✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
The article could be totally positive, but the way the headline is written, my first thought was... Ok. Once we reach the age of 50 or so, we've reached our expiration date & they want us dead. Meanwhile, men are still fathering children in their 80's, but that's fine. Disgustingly Offensive. 😠
Joon Bugg @lazingaro
Am I overreacting or is this headline 100% offensive?

You're free to weigh in, but I'm already offended.
03:16 PM - Jan 26, 2024
01:30 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
American culture is hyper agist!
02:11 AM - Jan 27, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Young Lesbian Dre.
It really is, which is why Revlon, Clairol, et al, does a booming business amongst older women in the workforce. "Age-defying makeup", & all of the Other crap that's marketed to us. But men are allowed to age & become "Silver Foxes". The lines, creases, & wrinkles on Their faces show character. Pfft
02:28 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
Only thing I care about is the hair color. Unless it goes grey rapidly, I'm dying it lol.
02:30 AM - Jan 27, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
I began having my hair colored in my late 20's, because I started going grey at 27. I continued to do so until I was 55. Keeping up long hair, with the coloring & styling, was not conducive to being disabled. So I had it All cut off into a pixie cut & went grey. Now that I'm bedridden, its natural.
02:39 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
Yeah. After 13yrs I cut my locs. Not it's a faux hawk. Stray grey hairs are popping up.
06:00 AM - Jan 27, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
It does take a bit of getting used to, seeing those grey hairs cropping up. I remember I utterly panicked when I first saw mine. I was like... Noooo... I'm only 27! But it was a hereditary thing. My aunts went grey in their Early twenties. That knowledge didn't make it any easier for me tho. 😅
06:29 AM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}