Richard Head
A
Looks like I'm going to start removing followers. 232 followers and not 1 reply from them, ever. Also going to unfollow people who I reply to, but they never follow back, or reply to what I've spouted. Seems like a lot of bots and/or placeholders here.
07:34 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
I agree with @intheweeds . There's no algorithm here. Your posts can get buried quickly. Your feed is made up of people you follow & you only follow 38 people. Follow more, engage more, quote/echo spouts - and Spout more. 238 posts in a year is less than 1 a day. You have to engage to get engagement.
In response to Richard Head.
07:59 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to Jodi B.
This is just one kind of follower I am removing. I'm pretty sure she just wants "sexy time" DM's. I'm not here for that kind of thing.
09:26 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to Jodi B.
I can be picky about who I follow. I try to follow people I find interesting but aren't echo chambers of everyone else. I follow people who spout original commentary without being rabid respouters/echo-ers. So, that kinda keeps my following count low. Working 60+ hrs/wk keeps me from spouting more.
08:24 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
In response to Richard Head.
I can understand that completely. I follow everyone who follows me, plus people that interest me. Obviously, I don't see every post from every person. A way that you can tame your feed is by using lists to focus on the people that truly interest you and by turning off the echoes. 🙂
08:32 AM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Jodi B
A
In response to Jodi B.
@RichardsBigHead I see you play the guitar and you've posted some pictures. A great way to engage and "meet" people is by participating in #SpoutingClassics or #DailyPictureTheme . Just post a couple of songs or a pic that fits the theme of the day. Good luck! 😊
08:10 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to Jodi B.
"Play" is a generous term for my guitar ability. I'm a neverending beginner with very little skill and most of what I can do isn't worth sharing. Trust me in that.

I appreciate the advice tho!
08:29 AM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}