Richard Head
A
Looks like I'm going to start removing followers. 232 followers and not 1 reply from them, ever. Also going to unfollow people who I reply to, but they never follow back, or reply to what I've spouted. Seems like a lot of bots and/or placeholders here.
07:34 AM - Jan 27, 2024
dani
A
In response to Richard Head.
Good morning. There are definitely some placeholders. I don’t agree with forcing an unfollow though, I think people should have a feed if they start using their accounts. If you think about it, you’re following some as well 🙂 Try QS when you comment instead of replying, more visible.
08:14 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
I agree with @intheweeds . There's no algorithm here. Your posts can get buried quickly. Your feed is made up of people you follow & you only follow 38 people. Follow more, engage more, quote/echo spouts - and Spout more. 238 posts in a year is less than 1 a day. You have to engage to get engagement.
07:59 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to Jodi B.
I can be picky about who I follow. I try to follow people I find interesting but aren't echo chambers of everyone else. I follow people who spout original commentary without being rabid respouters/echo-ers. So, that kinda keeps my following count low. Working 60+ hrs/wk keeps me from spouting more.
08:24 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to Jodi B.
This is just one kind of follower I am removing. I'm pretty sure she just wants "sexy time" DM's. I'm not here for that kind of thing.
09:26 AM - Jan 27, 2024
RA
A
Engagement is lower here than other sites because the community is still small and there is no algorithm on the main feed. You only get engagement if someone sees your post shortly after posting, or if people echo/quote it. IME, bots are quickly removed and placeholder accts don't follow anyone.
07:38 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Richard Head
A
In response to RA.
All the more reason to remove useless followers. 230 followers (the removal has begun) and none of them comment ever? Time to separate the wheat from the useless chaff.
07:43 AM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}