Read aBannedBook
A
I live in a solid blue county, the smallest county in the state, that was broken up into 3 state house and 2 state senate districts with gerrymandering and now I have all Republicans representing me in the state legislature.

I did not vote for any of them. This is why "red" states exist.
10:30 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Erin Hunter
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
This is what happened to Clarke county in GA , which includes Athens (solid blue dot). They split the city/county between two R congressional districts to make sure the area is represented by Rs. Friends there have been fighting for years to get this changed.
10:37 AM - Jan 28, 2024 (Edited)
CPfromCA
A
Yup.

I feel your pain. Nashville got screwed & gerrymandered out of a US House seat when they split the city off into 3 pieces & attached eash one to an already existing uber-right district.

They are pulling crap like that all the time here.
11:13 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to CPfromCA.
I remember hearing about that. So frustrating.
11:22 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
Ugh! How frustrating is that? Can the county sue the state for non-representation?
04:52 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Meg Smythe.
It's not like there haven't been lawsuits, but it's not that simple. It's fairly easy to carve up a county and get away with it, especially when it is surrounded by Republican strongholds. If it weren't easy, there wouldn't be gerrymandering.
05:04 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Sue Lee
A
This is my suburban vote, too. When we moved here, the suburb was part of the district that included MKE. After 2010 and R controlled the congressional redistricting, we became part of the more R area to our west. Hoping the new WI SC Will yield more fair maps.
04:52 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Same here in TN.
04:48 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Tikki Foy
A
In NC…I Feel your pain…
04:18 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Sal E
A
*nods* It took until 2019 until I got a Dem rep in my part of suburban Chicago (Sean Casten - he's awesome). They just redistricted to create another largely Hispanic district, so we are still Dem, thankfully, with freshmen rep Delia Ramirez.

Before that? Roskum and (gah!) Hyde. *shudder*
02:08 PM - Jan 27, 2024
eyesopenforever
A
Shows their dedication to running this country at ALL levels: local, state, national…
10:50 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
Sounds familiar. 💜♾️
10:32 AM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}