Christopher Bouzy
A
Besides posting ceasefire and telling strangers what to post, have you done anything else? Have you donated time and/or money to organizations helping Palestinian citizens? Have you gone to Palestine to assist in recovery efforts? How many Palestinian lives have your posts and hashtags saved?
Aisha Ashraf @AishyGPharmD
Given your platform, I disagree that if you explicitly called for one it wouldn't make a diff, but I digress.

My point is that based on what you've written, though you say you support Palestinians, you actually don't & rather than offering hollow platitudes, don't bother saying anything at all.
12:10 PM - Jan 27, 2024
01:48 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Though no one is obliged to comment on an specific political event, I find the argument that doing so here is ineffective a strange and contradictory one.

By that reasoning, wouldn't any political commentary be similarly pointless?

Hopefully online activism is a precursor to additional action.
11:11 PM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Doctor Michael
A
We can be assured they have done absolutely…
05:42 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Phred
A
‘Have you called your Representative and 2 Senators?’
04:39 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Roger Smith
A
Have to wonder where she was when Assad was killing thousands of Syrians.
04:16 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Roger Smith.
Chillin, not even thinking about it most likely. That wasn't a popular "genocide."

In quotations because I'm not sure the Syrian deaths, though many, constitute genocide. The 21st century has made that a tricky word.
06:13 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Marty Eirha
B
Exactly. Thank you. And this trying to force words out of your mouth is ridiculous.

Palestine wasn’t even on any of these people’s radar until recently. If they care so much, they can begin their journey to the region to actually help.

Abeg, make dem carry go!
03:24 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Marty Eirha.
This is like the people screaming about Amerucan politics. All in their late 20s and just got involved post-2017 trying to tell someone what to do and think. Chile please.
06:15 PM - Jan 27, 2024
GUILTY ○f many things
A
03:17 PM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}