Dr. Donna®
A
To some ppl Gen Xers might seem ancient & the Civil Rights era might seem like a million years ago. We aren't & it wasn't. Many Gen X are babies of the Civil Rights era. Born mid 60's & early 70's. Fighting for desegration & dealing with blatantly hateful racists is part of our childhood experience
Myra Faye Turner @msmyrafaye
I attended a predominantly white school grades 2-5. Bused out of my predominantly Black neighborhood because bigots set my school literally on fire rather than accept desegregation.

Y'all need to stop acting like some of us don't have first-hand experiences with racist motherfukkkers.
07:16 PM - Jan 26, 2024
07:15 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
In response to Dr. Donna®.
And Boomers, people!
10:44 AM - Jan 29, 2024
Tim Graf
A
In response to Dr. Donna®.
What she said! ⬆⬆⬆ I have seen too many posts in various places of late that lump Gen-X in with the Boomers who still support The Orange One. That is flatly untrue. We were there marching for civil rights, for gay rights, for Roe V. Wade, and all of those other things that our parents opposed. 1/2
11:24 PM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Tim Graf
A
In response to Tim Graf.
We were not complacent then, and we will not be now. Our work now may be done more quietly, but it is still effective, and we will be there for the full defeat of MAGA. 2/2
11:24 PM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}