Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 1/9
"I get your rage," says Jeff, who tells me that though he is ALSO descended from immigrants, "Things are a little different now."

He doesn't AGREE with Texas, mind you, I guess shredding people with razor wire and watching children drown is a tad extreme but we need to "CONTROL PEOPLE."

Not done.
Jeff(Teach) @JCTeach
I get your rage. But we need to control people who are trying to enter the country illegally. We don’t know anything about them. That is a national security concern.
07:37 PM - Jan 27, 2024
08:16 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 2/9
But, you see, things aren't ACTUALLY different now as Jeff says his IMMIGRANT ancestors came from Wales...AND IRELAND.

We all know how welcome this country made Irish immigrants, don't we? Let's have a refresher.

Still not done.
08:17 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 3/9
But you see, now Jeff is a "Real American TM" generations removed from being the ones who need to be "controlled."

He "understands" @knitquiltsewst1 rage, mind you, so here's hoping Jeff understands mine, lest it scorch him from the site because it is WHITE hot.
08:19 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 4/9
The AUDACITY of sitting back in a comfy seat and setting fingers upon a keyboard over people who are RISKING THEIR VERY LIVES because what they left is even worse than that is galling beyond belief.

And the condescension even more so. Here we are AGAIN with Jeff perpetuating what his ancestors
08:21 PM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 5/9
Faced. This time, though, he gets to be the one to shake his finger about "security" as he sips his warm or ice cold beverage, far removed from usurped military watching people die in a river.

Unless you are a Native American, you are an immigrant, a colonizer or both. The person naturalized
08:23 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 6/9
Yesterday is every bit the same citizen Jeff is. People aren't less worthy because the randomness of fate set them into impossible circumstances.

If you want to worry about national security look into all the people from Russia or Russian sympathizing who have overstayed their visas.
08:25 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 7/9
Let's be totally clear. It is once again the myth of good immigrants and bad immigrants. It is the idea that some belong and some do not and let's not kid ourselves about the racial implications of Jeff's spout, both in content and tone.
08:26 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 8/9
Jeff may not "agree" with what Abbott is doing but he's also not advocating against it, vocally, fervently.

And is that so different from agreeing?

I hope he reads every word of this. I hope, seeing it broken down, he gets it.

BC this country has WAY too many Jeffs.
08:28 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 9/9
I should have included this distinction in 5 (I think) and I apologize for failing to do that.

Thank you, Katie.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
08:21 AM - Jan 28, 2024
Andrea Ball
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Stating that we don’t know anything them and that it’s a national security issue is a really bad take—and dehumanizing. What did they really know about immigrants way back when? Only that they needed shelter.
09:10 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Andrea Ball.
And there are entire systems that already exist within the government to address those concerns.
09:12 PM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}