Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/9
Over coffee this morning my retired attorney wife explained to me just how F*cked DJT is going forward. I kinda knew most of this in a vague way, but hearing it all put together expertly was eye opening and I thought I might share. The E Jean case was much, much worse for him than it appears.
11:09 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/9
And the appearances were pretty catastrophic. His lead attorney, after the rest of his team quit, Alina Habba, simply does not know the law. It came up again and again. Here's the first major problem. She made the case unappealable. There simply is no basis. A capable attorney would be actively
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/9
working multiple angles and "preserving grounds for appeal." This is essentially strategically objecting consistently to certain evidence or tactics used by the plantiff's attorneys to build the argument for an appeal. She waived that opportunity every time and objected to virtually nothing.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/9
I didn't know this until my wife told me, but incompetent counsel isn't a thing either in civil trials. Only criminal. So he's on the hook for $88 mil and whatever she gets from the next penalty phase, which may get filed on Monday given TFG's defaming posts yesterday. That brings us to
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 5/9
TFG's prospects going forward. This idiot may be the worst client in the history of legal clients. His courtroom outbursts, storming in and out of proceedings, and public statements (brought back in as evidence) all turned that jury against him to the point where they rushed out an $83M
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 6/9
judgement (5x what was asked) on a Friday afternoon so they could have dinner with their families. That's pure smoldering contempt when a jury does that. TFG is a toxic defendant going into the GA and DC criminal trials. No capable attorney or firm is going to go anywhere near this guy.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 7/9
He's not indigent, (yet) so he won't have court appointed counsel. The only thing available is a publicity seeking idiot who doesn't have the L1 level understanding of law as in the E Jean case. These are serious cases with what essentially, for TFG, amount to life sentences at stake.
11:09 AM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 8/9
He's got no reasonable path forward and appears to be unaware how much he's digging his own grave here. This all makes him even more dangerous this year. We the voters are the last defense. Help in registration drives, write postcards, do all the things we can do to protect our nation.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 9/9
ADDENDUM: If any of you legal experts find a flaw in this thread, two things. First, correct me. I would rather be corrected than let a falsehood stand. Second, any errors are mine alone and not my expert wife's. She's a smart cookie and I could easily get something wrong in transcription.
11:32 AM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
I enjoyed reading this thread very much. I knew it was bad for him, but I didn't realize how bad until reading this. The next few months will be interesting. 😁
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
10:51 AM - Jan 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}