Anthony Lee
A
thread 1/10
The #NFCChampionship game was a nailbiter, ending with the San Francisco #49ers erasing a 17-point deficit to beat the Detroit #Lions by a score of 34-31.

Give credit to the Lions for playing their heart out and making this game tough for the 49ers. The Lions will be back in the playoffs again. 🙂
11:59 PM - Jan 28, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
thread 2/10
As the stage for the postgame celebration was getting set up, the Levi's Stadium video boards showed a video montage of the 49ers season thus far, covering the regular season as well as their two playoff games, ending with Brock Purdy's triumphant final moment in tonight's game with one second left.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 3/10
It was incredible to see the postgame celebration and interviews in person, with my own eyes. I alternated between looking down at the field and looking on the video boards to see what viewers at home would be seeing on their televisions. This is no doubt the best football game I've ever been to.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 4/10
On my way out of Levi's Stadium, I encountered a random Lions fan and complimented his team's great performance and good chances to return to the playoffs next year. He expressed joy in the fact that this Lions season is the best ever in his lifetime. I'm happy for him and all Detroit Lions fans.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 5/10
Some chants I heard while exiting Levi's Stadium...

"Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnneeeerrrrrrrrrrrssssss!"

"Let's go, Niners! Let's go, Niners!"

"Super Bowl! Super Bowl! Super Bowl!"

"Beat the Chiefs! Beat the Chiefs! Beat the Chiefs!"

"Beat Mahomes (and Mahauto)! Beat Mahomes (and Mahauto)!"
Anthony Lee
A
thread 6/10
With two playoff wins that involved fighting back from a deficit, the 49ers are in a better position now. They now have the experience of winning from behind, not just winning from the start. This will serve them well against the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVIII. Don't bet against the 49ers.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 7/10
This is the most exciting 49ers season I have followed ever since I started watching them the year Jim Harbaugh was hired as the 49ers head coach. He's a good coach, but I am now incredibly amazed by the mental acuity of current 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan. He is leading a formidable team.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 8/10
Now the focus shifts to Super Bowl LVIII. I believe the 49ers will win it all in two weeks. This team just has too many good weapons on the roster, including Brock Purdy, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle, Brandon Aiyuk, Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Arik Armstead, and many more.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 9/10
I will no doubt consume so much 49ers-related sports media for the next two weeks to get myself hyped up for February 11, 2024. All of the team's hard work since Week 1 of the regular season has led to this. I hope that the 49ers will complete their Quest for Six, hosting their 6th Lombardi trophy.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 10/10
Lastly, if you have been noticing my Greg Papa-impersonating 49ers touchdown spouts, thanks for putting up with me, regardless of which team you root for. I will be doing this once more in two weeks. I'm just super excited about my team. The San Francisco 49ers are going to Super Bowl LVIII. 🏈 🙂

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}