Ellen Leigh
A
In response to k hola (she/her).
Baby sitter, waitress, receptionist, kitchen designer, commercial interior designer, assistant sportswear manager (worst), wallpaper sales, dental office designer, mural artist entrepeneur (best).
01:57 PM - Jan 29, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
wallpaper sales sounds interesting. Do you paint those amazing holiday windows? I love that you are working in art (assuming you’re still running your own business)
03:10 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
I’ve had a few. Worked in an ice cream shop, was DJ at a radio station, dressed as characters and played game with kids at birthday parties, delivery driver, dispatcher, middle management rolls, deconstruction appraiser, office manager, actor, model, baker, and I’m probably missing some. …
01:16 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
The worst was probably the deconstruction appraisals, seeing ridiculously wealthy people spend ridiculous amounts of money. The best is being paid to act, it’s so much fun being on set.
01:17 PM - Jan 29, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
I only named 5 and not because I only did 5 😁
01:18 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Worst job was camp counselor by far. Not because of the kids, they were great. The adult environment was toxic and I was 15.

I haven't had my best job ever yet. I don't know if I will.
01:14 PM - Jan 29, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
felt. what a waste of a life to have to work in a world of plenty
01:16 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Tom Brk
A
I was a temp worker for a long time (now I can't imagine doing that with my anxiety issues -- new people and places every day?!?)

The worst was filling in for a job where there was NOTHING to do -- trying to look "busy" for 8 hours before the internet was HARD
11:10 AM - Jan 29, 2024
T. Naught
A
for me, best & worst were the same job (very me) —
founding CTO of a tech startup.

pro: big impact, from scratch, lots of learning & growth, diverse challenges, growing & mentoring a bright young team

con: all consuming, impossible to meet expectations & demands, imbalance arguably ruined my life
11:08 AM - Jan 29, 2024
T. Naught
A
In response to T. Naught.
(holy shit i’m having a visceral reaction to having even mentioned this in public.)
11:16 AM - Jan 29, 2024
Tom Brk
A
My first job was delivering balloon bouquets and singing telegrams for a summer
11:06 AM - Jan 29, 2024
Tom Brk
A
In response to Tom Brk.
And once I was a stand in for Jack Black for a photographer when they were shooting the poster for School of Rock.

Two days of "work" where all I ever did was eat nice food then stand on the stage holding a rake to simulate a guitar for 5 minutes cause Jack did all his own stand in work
11:08 AM - Jan 29, 2024

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

k hola (she/her)
A
In response to That's all folks.
😱 it is a little crazy how vicious low stakes jobs can be
11:01 AM - Jan 29, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
Mail carrier=best. Door gunner in Vietnam=worst. That's it....worked only 2 real jobs in my life
10:49 AM - Jan 29, 2024
hal
A
Worst is the desk work I've been doing for the past 30 years. I've hated every minute.

Best was a gig i had one summer in college, building steel feed bins in the blazing sun. I could barely walk at the end of the day, but I loved it.
10:48 AM - Jan 29, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to hal.
the desks will kill you faster than any other job I have done
11:05 AM - Jan 29, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
Telemarketer
Hostess
Bartender