Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
👏🏽 THIS is the brutally honest discussion that’s needed for this moment. We need it. Marginalized communities are out here in these streets fighting for our lives because we can’t seem to crack through this bubble of “covert” racism. Our existence is not a topic for debate, “humor”, or dismissal.
03:53 PM - Jan 29, 2024 (Edited)
Diana Beach
A
Exactly! There is work to be done on our (white people) part. Acknowledgement is an important piece, acceptance of our part in this situation. Compassion and understanding of BBIMP. And then fighting for change amongst our own. White silence is violence - speak out when you see it!
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
04:07 PM - Jan 29, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Diana Beach.
Yes! Thank you for saying this. 🥰

As you mentioned, acknowledgment is key. No one can address an issue, if they won’t admit it exists. This is a huge part of their denialism.
04:25 PM - Jan 29, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
This is my frustration. I remember almost screaming at a white woman at a dinner party over this topic. “How can things change if you won’t even admit there is a problem???” It’s the whole the problems were in the past and if there are any now, then I’m not a part of it so whatever argument. 🤬
04:29 PM - Jan 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}