✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 1/4
They did it. Those lousy bastards did it. They found a way to criminalize the trans existence in public.

Florida has taken unilateral administrative action and banned gender marker changes on drivers licenses. Any trans person who has had theirs changed is potentially subject to suspension.
04:02 AM - Jan 30, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 2/4
Anyone attempting to change it after could be criminally prosecuted for "fraud."

If the language used in this directive is taken at face value, any trans person driving with a changed gender marker on their drivers license could be criminally charged with fraud.
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 3/4
This interpretation could potentially apply to anyone driving in the state, including tourists.

Any out trans person could have their license revoked or suspended at any time under this policy and unlikely to be able to be renewed with the current gender marker.
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 4/4
This is a massive and intrusive change erasing legal recognition and criminalizing trans people in the state.

There is a pending bill that would've done this but it seems like they're moving ahead of the legislation. Likely trying to stop renewals ahead of its potential passage.
jocelynjtweet
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
Completely outrageous! In addition to being a ludicrous invasion of privacy for trans people, it will also impact anyone who has an androgynous look. A woman who is more masculine in appearance will be accused of faking her gender mark. It’s a stupid policy and will result in abuse.
07:44 AM - Jan 30, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
And lawsuits that come at tax payer expense.

Meanwhile Florida is also trying to pass a bill to use tax payer money to pay trump's legal bills
08:21 AM - Jan 30, 2024
T. Naught
A
this is outrageous.

the leadership needs to be shown what the “stakeholders” actually look like.
i.e., we need to drive a stake through this policy & watch it die.
07:34 AM - Jan 30, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
I used to love visiting Florida. Now when I'm here visiting family, all I think about is the administrative suppression that's going on and the people that support it here.
07:30 AM - Jan 30, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Same I don't even want to go anymore and I miss my mother terribly. She retired there 😟
08:18 AM - Jan 30, 2024
Larry with an i
A
Why is your gender needed for a driving licence?

Or address? We don't have addresses on driving licences, so you never need to renew it unless you change your name.
05:08 AM - Jan 30, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Larry with an i.
Where are you?
06:07 AM - Jan 30, 2024
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Larry with an i.
We have addresses for the coppers and also voter ID (suppression) laws. I don't see a need to put your sex on there, but we can see why the fascists like it.
07:47 AM - Jan 30, 2024
No
A
FUCK!
04:33 AM - Jan 30, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to No.
We're going to fight this. Their wins will always be TEMPORARY while we re-group.

We can't let them get away with this
04:45 AM - Jan 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}