Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/9
The way they are charging small crimes by Congress folk including Cori Bush

But not the insurrectionists don’t sit well w/my dark spirit

Its giving weed smokers and folk in mental distress deserve armed responses & prison sentences while wealthy criminals get slaps on the wrist, if that
04:27 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/9
We got planners and participants in the House and Senate, in the military, FBI, secret service, homeland security, and state legislatures… and they’re comfortably ensconced in office happily claiming to be patriots
07:27 PM - Jan 30, 2024 (Edited)
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/9
They’re running for reelection or running for the first time. They’re on news shows & they’re celebrating having been arrested as part of their bonafides with their constituents.

You can’t imagine anyone Black, brown, Asian, from the Caribbean bragging about their arrest record like that
07:28 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/9
To be clear- I am part of the law and order party -centrist democrat. Break the law, deal with your consequences. Especially when you’re in office.

Cori or any other democrat breaking laws .. especially minorities, you know what’ll happen.

Don’t do dumb shit.
07:29 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/9
But where is the law enforcement energy for all the republicans committing crimes and breaking rules? What about the money, breaking oaths, trafficking, and … all the drug abuses?

There are more Cori Bush stories than stories on this schedule 1 mess right here from Trump's white house:
07:30 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/9
Cori and the so-called squad are terrible politicians, bad team players, loud disruptors, and often unaccomplished thorns in the sides of successful accomplished Biden/Harris administration people and their results.
07:30 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/9
And yet, they’re not worse for democracy than those uncharged republican politicians who are stripping rights, refusing to feed children, gumming up the border, hurting the war in Ukraine, emboldening Netanyahu, and blocking legislation that would help.. all of us..
07:31 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/9
Look, I’m as guilty as anyone of piling on Cori Bush because she’s terrible and a liar.

But I’ll be damned if I have more energy for her & other democrats who do “small” things over republicans who are literally burning down the house while we are in it.
07:31 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Myron Clifton
A
thread 9/9
There’s a long road to Nov 2024 and the bumps & potholes will be numerous.

I think it’s a good to remember who is in the car w/us, who wants to fix the potholes-Biden/Harris, and who’s celebrating the potholes because they made them to harm all of our progress-republicans. End
07:32 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Jan| יעל Loose Joints
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
That is the most apt analogy I’ve read. I don’t like Rep. Bush, but these shenanigans are ridiculous. People shouldn’t be charged based on who one does or doesn’t like. Prioritize this based on the severity of crime and the likelihood of reoffending. And because she’s Black. Rant over.
06:54 PM - Jan 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}