Tinka Nichols
A
thread 1/2
In 1946 WWII veteran Maceo Snipes was shot in his back by the KKK the day after he became the first Black person to cast a vote in Taylor County, Georgia.

After he was shot, Mr. Snipes walked three miles to the hospital with his mother. For six hours doctors left him waiting and bleeding.
07:41 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Tinka Nichols
A
thread 2/2
By the time he was seen, he needed a blood transfusion. The doctors said the hospital had no “black blood.” Snipes died two days later.

And our Black people have the nerve to say don’t vote.

I will vote til I die.
07:41 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Tinka Nichols
A
I’m very sorry to hear that. No one should have stories like ours. I may decide to open up about my own family’s race murders this month.
In response to BigBrownGirl.
03:18 PM - Feb 01, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to Tinka Nichols.
My, I was zero precent clear, apologies. We didn't lose anyone, just a story of how he asked to be sent to Burma, I believe, rather than have to travel the south in a train in his miliary uniform, he was so sure he'd face physical danger. Somewhere I have my 94 y/o Nana tellin it. Should you decide
06:08 PM - Feb 01, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to BigBrownGirl.
it's a thing your comfortable sharing, I'm certain the kids here would receive it in a *non other place horrible* ways. I hate that you have such a story to tell. 🥺
06:09 PM - Feb 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}