Jerrybme
A
thread 1/4
2 weeks in knee replacement journey
Staples out today!!! All 42. Which means I can now shower!! Oh man, did that shower feel good.

They put on steri-strips which will fall off in about a week. I was told the steri-strips are more for show than really holding the incision together.
07:18 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 2/4
I’m realizing that learning to break in a new knee involves lots of mindfulness. You have to be careful, dealing with stairs, up with the good leg, down with the bad. Getting on & off the toilet, in & out of the car all require attention and focus. Just walking means focusing on flexing the knee,
09:30 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 3/4
I’m also now cleared to drive. Evidently with knees, the main reason people can’t drive after is due to the painkillers. But I’ve been off of them for over a week so I’m good to go.

Stopped using the cane several days ago but may be using it as a security blanket when I’m out in uneven ground.
09:34 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Jerrybme
A
thread 4/4
I’ve starting to get a bit anxious about falling. I’ve now been told numerous stories about people slipping, tripping or falling post surgery and breaking the prosthetic and requiring surgery. I don’t want to go back to surgery & square 1. So for 10 more weeks I’m going to careful AF
09:41 PM - Feb 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}