Ola
A
I recall my son's very first day of kindergarten many years ago, he didn't even glance at me twice when I waved him off. He was so eager to stay and play with the other kids.😅

Do you recall your child's kindergarten first day? Come on, let's hear it. 🤣
10:37 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Merlene Taylor
A
In response to Ola.
Wk 2 rcvd a call frm her teacher explaining the curriculum, abt which I had no prob & didn't understand reason for the call. My daughter told her she "already knew her numbers, colors & ltrs. She wanted to do math prob & learn to read." After testing they mvd her to 1st gr & added Miss 2 her name
05:47 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Aloha MySpace
A
In response to Ola.
I have twins and they were in two different rooms.. the boy cried every time and clinged on for months, while the girl was eager to meet new friends.

2 years later… the twins are the same and I’m tired & drained.
04:48 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
In response to Ola.
I cried during my first day of kindergarten. My mother had to be nearby for the first few days.
09:33 PM - Feb 03, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Aww. I bet it was hard on your mom too.
09:37 PM - Feb 03, 2024
Resident_hippie
A
In response to Ola.
I don’t remember kindergarten, I guess a non event having been in preK in same school. PreK OTOH, my daughter wore a shimmery dress-up crown the first day.
11:32 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
In response to Ola.
I didn't get to see it. He was picked up from daycare and dropped off there at the end of the day. I'm kind of sad not to have that memory but I'm sure I would have bawled all day (I probably did anyway). It was the same week as 9/11 so I've forgotten a lot about it.
11:27 AM - Feb 03, 2024

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Merlene Taylor
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
OMG! Too funny and cute.
05:31 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to Ola.
Mine took the bus one way and happily waved good-bye. But the school didnt provide the return home bus so I walked up to meet him (about a mile) and little man did not like that!😂
11:23 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Fiona Mary
A
In response to Ola.
Our kids were all bussed to the school they started kindergarten. Our eldest when the bus arrived hopped on and didn’t even wave goodbye. Her dad and I were a mess. It’s how she’s done every major life event since. She is one independent woman!
11:01 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Ola.
Yes. I was heartbroken. My daughter seemed excited and walked right into the school after we hugged. I stood watching her until I could no longer see her.
These were the days when Kindergarten was only half a day and she went in the morning, as I had done.
10:50 AM - Feb 03, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
In response to Ola.
Yes, I do! I was still teaching myself, at another school 20 min. away, so she was the first to arrive in her classroom. She was so excited, so cute in her little sch uniform! Her tchr, Mrs. Elliot, a loving but no-nonsense Black woman, directed her 2 hang up her book bag & she sat down to work.
10:42 AM - Feb 03, 2024 (Edited)
Josol
A
In response to Ola.
My older son was so excited he ran in. I was a bit upset, but did not let him see it. My second son wrapped his arms and legs around me and I had a hard time getting him to go in the room. He ended up being fine- I on the other hand was a complete mess!
10:39 AM - Feb 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}