Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/6
41 years ago today, the world lost Karen Carpenter. She died of heart failure after years of anorexia nervosa, 2 words that were new to most Americans. An incredible voice, an ingenious drummer, and a bit of melancholy soul, she left behind a void that won't be filled.
03:32 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/6
The Carpenters had many great songs, and since I'm a cheese ball I loved 98% of them. It's not easy to choose a favorite but I think this once displays the range, beauty, and melancholy of Karen's voice so well.
Carpenters - Hurting Each Other - YouTube

Learn more about Carpenters' A Song For You here: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/carpenters-a-song-for-you-album?utm_campaign=uDYT&utm_medium=youtube...

03:35 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/6
Unpopular opinion: Richard loved his sister deeply, was often too overprotective of her but I think he ignored the red flags of her problems for way too long because she was his cash cow. He was, is, a talented man. Her talents were head and shoulders above his just truthfully.
03:36 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/6
And their clueless parents, especially the mother who was emotionally abusive to Karen, couldn't see past their beloved son and anything he wanted and needed, like help for a quaaludes addiction.

Karen's story is sad af, a cautionary tale in so many ways. But it's set to the most beautiful songs.
03:38 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/6
Listen to her sing again because it's just so goddamn wonderful. She could fill your heart or break it, depending on the lyrics. Richard's talents with music and arranging are quite obvious on this song. Shout out to Burt Bacharach.
Carpenters - Close to you - YouTube

Lyrics : Why do birdsSuddenly appear? Everytime you are nearJust like meThey long to beClose to youWhy do starsFall down from the sky? Everytime you walk byJ...

03:41 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/6
Karen, you are forever missed. ❤️
03:45 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I can hear the melancholy in her beautiful voice now, something I didn't when I was younger. Oddly, it was a YouTube reaction video that got me listening to her again.
08:29 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Since I was a melancholy kid, that was the first thing I heard in her voice.
01:50 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
She was one of my favorite female artists. The world was shocked when she died. What a terrible loss.
04:55 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Thee NW Mankiller Magpie
A
She was a rare talent. My mother loved the Carpenters, and Karen in particular. She was so upset when she died; I don't think I saw her mourn another artist like she did Karen.
04:10 AM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}