Young Lesbian Dre
A
1. Hygiene products are a necessity. Should be free. Period poverty is a real thing.

2. Paid time from work and/or school should be available.

3. More needs to be studied about how hormone changes affect teen girls & women with ADHD.
Ola @Olatunde
I think women should share more about menstruation. Younger women do it for several days every month & it’s tough for so many of them. I’m married, so I know a little bit about it, but I think it’ll be better if my female Spoutible friends quote this spout and talk about it.

Come on, let’s hear it.
03:26 AM - Feb 04, 2024
07:31 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Pammy D
A
In response to Young Lesbian Dre.
Absolutely agree!!
10:18 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Deb Prothero
A
In my high school we used to have a school nurse and her office had 3 little cubbies with cots for anyone with period pain. Mrs. Sanders would get you into a cot and then go make a hot water bottle to rest on your abdomen. Sadly that is gone now and they have police instead. Nurses would be better.
09:55 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Space Violet
A
Just in the past too years, Scotland passed a law making feminine hygiene products free and Spain established additional paid leave for menstruating people. I am afraid we are centuries away from such developments here.
09:33 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Space Violet.
Disagree. We just need to elect people into office who will pass this kind of legislation. We're closer than you might think.
04:04 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Chrissy Dorsey
A
Mine is was monthly torture. My mood would shift significantly. I felt so much better after my hysterectomy. It changed my life.
08:41 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Paulette Hawkins
A
I was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea, painful menstruation, when I was 15.
It was so bad that I begged my RN mom for a hysterectomy. My Dr. finally put me on birth control which was a miracle for me. Never had pain again. Before that I was on Percoset and couldn't function for 3 days every month.
08:13 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
At the *very least,* there needs to be a supplemental to something like SNAP that covers this along with TP, soap, deodorant etc. The fact that we treat such basic needs as “extras” is unconscionable.
07:36 AM - Feb 04, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
Yep. I'd add for it to be free in public schools including colleges & universities. Like, that's bottom of the barrel effort.
07:39 AM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}