Heather Hughson
A
thread 1/3
If you aren't threatening violence against Justin Trudeau or spreading libelous misinformation, you are immediately mobbed by the vilest trolls on Twitter. #CDNPoli Twitter is a complete write-off, no honest discussion or community building possible.
So where are my Canadian Politics Spouties? 🇨🇦
11:05 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 2/3
I replied to a tweet remarking on the vile replies to a mundane video of Justin Trudeau playing with a lightsabre. I was immediately overrun by vile insults of Trudeau and called a Nazi for having a 🇺🇦 in my profile, questioning why someone with the name "Hughson" would support Ukraine.
11:11 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 3/3
I'm sorry to be the first person to have to explain this to the trolls, but Scottish men are allowed to marry Ukrainian women. Ukrainian Canadians are everywhere. Слава Україні!
11:12 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Larry Canuck
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
Not sure how many know this, but Canada has 1.3 million Ukrainians, mainly in the western provinces. That's the third-largest population of Ukrainians in the world, behind only Ukraine itself, and Ruzzia. 🇺🇦
04:49 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to Larry Canuck.
When I first started Ukrainian lessons while living in the UK, over half the class were Ukrainian Canadians. The teacher once told us an anecdote where a kid was trying to ask if someone was from Canada but said Diaspora instead because he thought the two were interchangeable.
05:45 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Larry Canuck
A
I left the horror site a year ago, as soon as Spoutible let me join, and felt an immediate sense of relief. I can't imagine being there any more...
There is a large Canuck presence here, btw.
Welcome! 🇨🇦👍️🙂
04:42 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Deb Prothero
A
Happy to welcome a fellow Canadian. I've tried to stay on Twitter but only once or twice a week to check messages. Also I do some NAFO work to keep the Ukrainian message alive there. The anti-Trudeau message is clearly inorganic there. Every message is pounced on and we can't discuss anything there.
06:31 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to Deb Prothero.
Absolutely. They don't even get in through the hashtags, they're actively going through QTs and searching for conversations to shut down by making it impossible to get a word in without being attacked and overwhelmed.
10:01 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}