Heather Hughson
A
thread 1/3
If you aren't threatening violence against Justin Trudeau or spreading libelous misinformation, you are immediately mobbed by the vilest trolls on Twitter. #CDNPoli Twitter is a complete write-off, no honest discussion or community building possible.
So where are my Canadian Politics Spouties? 🇨🇦
11:05 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 2/3
I replied to a tweet remarking on the vile replies to a mundane video of Justin Trudeau playing with a lightsabre. I was immediately overrun by vile insults of Trudeau and called a Nazi for having a 🇺🇦 in my profile, questioning why someone with the name "Hughson" would support Ukraine.
11:11 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 3/3
I'm sorry to be the first person to have to explain this to the trolls, but Scottish men are allowed to marry Ukrainian women. Ukrainian Canadians are everywhere. Слава Україні!
11:12 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Graham Milne
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
*raises hand*

I think the con supporters trumpeting polls and measuring the drapes are vastly overestimating average Canadians' appetite for being led by a talentless, nasal-voiced jackass.
07:12 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to Graham Milne.
Unfortunately, Canadians have a bad habit of voting out governments, with little consideration of what ends up getting voted in as a result.
To a certain extent, Poilievre can just hope to play a waiting game. It's why he spends so much time inciting anger, while offering little in terms of solution
07:33 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Jose Mozota
A
Present! Tired of conservatives in Ontario and cheap attacks nationally against Trudeau. Worried that our judges will let the convoy freaks get away with it.
06:51 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Her Name Is Rio
A
I go there occasionally just to see what's happening, but the Trudeau hate is ridiculous! There are diehards I follow who defend our government, but they're outnumbered. I shudder to think what will happen if #Poilievre gets elected.
06:49 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Greg Dickson
A
I don’t curate myself political, I do vote and I do have an opinion.

I guess I’m political.
06:26 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Jason Carton
A
🙋‍♂️

PeePee and Shitty Dani are my arch nemesises.
#AbLeg #ABPoli #NotMyPremier #NeverVoteConservative #PeePeePoilievre #PeePeeIsUnfitToLead
06:08 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Dıanna
A
It's truly toxic there. You'll find the engagement here to be very different. The Canadian interest is definitely strong here, too.
Welcome!
08:12 AM - Feb 05, 2024
#Glassbydeanna
A
I am very concerned about the con’s behaviour. #IStandWithTrudeau
01:50 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to #Glassbydeanna.
They are quickly doing their best to trot along the Maga path, and don't have the faintest clue that they are unleashing. Tory Syndrome in Canada is undefeated, and will hit them hard.
10:03 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Ray King
A
I've noticed a lot of hate against Trudeau over there lately. A lot of them are MAGAts and far right wing Canadians.
01:31 AM - Feb 05, 2024
scribblegurl
A
In response to Ray King.
This. I'm not Canadian, but I pay attention to Canadian politics, and man, are the Magats and Nazis really invested in their hate.
02:10 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Happy Cat
A
Fan from afar. I was talking about that premise on pods today but using a 2015 2016 example. Sounds like vicious hired little troll farms Not organic
11:13 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to Happy Cat.
Indeed. The immediate wave of replies even without any hashtags indicates that they are trawling through CDN Poli Twitter looking for conversations to shut down. It is impossible to say anything about Canadian Politics on Twitter without getting hit by it. It is absolutely inorganic.
11:16 PM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}