Heather Hughson
A
thread 1/3
If you aren't threatening violence against Justin Trudeau or spreading libelous misinformation, you are immediately mobbed by the vilest trolls on Twitter. #CDNPoli Twitter is a complete write-off, no honest discussion or community building possible.
So where are my Canadian Politics Spouties? 🇨🇦
11:05 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 2/3
I replied to a tweet remarking on the vile replies to a mundane video of Justin Trudeau playing with a lightsabre. I was immediately overrun by vile insults of Trudeau and called a Nazi for having a 🇺🇦 in my profile, questioning why someone with the name "Hughson" would support Ukraine.
11:11 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 3/3
I'm sorry to be the first person to have to explain this to the trolls, but Scottish men are allowed to marry Ukrainian women. Ukrainian Canadians are everywhere. Слава Україні!
11:12 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Ray King
A
I've noticed a lot of hate against Trudeau over there lately. A lot of them are MAGAts and far right wing Canadians.
In response to Heather Hughson.
01:31 AM - Feb 05, 2024
scribblegurl
A
In response to Ray King.
This. I'm not Canadian, but I pay attention to Canadian politics, and man, are the Magats and Nazis really invested in their hate.
02:10 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to scribblegurl.
They definitely are. They want to spread their fascism to Canada and the far right groups there are basically the same at the MAGAts. They were responsible for the convoy blockade. And there are right wing influencers dedicated to pushing lies and conspiracies.
02:17 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}