Heather Hughson
A
thread 1/3
If you aren't threatening violence against Justin Trudeau or spreading libelous misinformation, you are immediately mobbed by the vilest trolls on Twitter. #CDNPoli Twitter is a complete write-off, no honest discussion or community building possible.
So where are my Canadian Politics Spouties? 🇨🇦
11:05 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 2/3
I replied to a tweet remarking on the vile replies to a mundane video of Justin Trudeau playing with a lightsabre. I was immediately overrun by vile insults of Trudeau and called a Nazi for having a 🇺🇦 in my profile, questioning why someone with the name "Hughson" would support Ukraine.
11:11 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 3/3
I'm sorry to be the first person to have to explain this to the trolls, but Scottish men are allowed to marry Ukrainian women. Ukrainian Canadians are everywhere. Слава Україні!
11:12 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
Indeed. The immediate wave of replies even without any hashtags indicates that they are trawling through CDN Poli Twitter looking for conversations to shut down. It is impossible to say anything about Canadian Politics on Twitter without getting hit by it. It is absolutely inorganic.
In response to Happy Cat.
11:16 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Happy Cat
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
Bingo knew it. Dead giveaway when you mentioned Ukraine flag Election year division courtesy of Vlad and paid minions. I watched it w/ Brexit too same playbook you can just feel their vileness ooze.
11:23 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
In response to Happy Cat.
At this point, I refuse to take the 🇺🇦 out of my profile because it creates a shortcut for who to block in the replies, since Twitter Safety no longer operates. They inundate every conversation, no matter how mundane, with poison to make it impossible to build meaningful online communities.
11:36 PM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}