Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
I know people are talking about the Grammys & the Super Bowl, & I'm gonna let them finish, but in Big Bear, California, a bald eagle named Jackie is sitting in her nest, protecting 3 eggs from a blizzard, with the help of her mate, Shadow, & they're one of the greatest love matches of all time.
12:00 AM - Feb 05, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24.
They certainly are. I Love Jackie & Shadow... I've watched them for years! They've been my favorite Mated Eagles along with *Mr P & TFL* in the Arboretum, *Harriet & M15* in SWFL, & *Romeo & Juliet*, in NEFL. There've been tragedies in All of those nests. I've only got Jackie & Shadow now. 😍🦅🦅
12:18 AM - Feb 05, 2024
A
I just checked in with J&S tonight bc I was hoping they'd laid eggs, to find that I'm a week behind and now there are 3 of them! I am not sure I know some of those pairs, I'm sorry to hear of tragedies at their nests. There are a couple other nests I follow in California but IDK how they are so far.
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
12:25 AM - Feb 05, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Mr P & Lotus are in Washington DC. They rebuilt in another tree last year, that is not capable of having cameras set up, so we've been unable to see last year's eaglets, or this year's eggs, if any. The other 2 nests are in South West Florida & North East Florida. 🦅🦅
12:48 AM - Feb 05, 2024 (Edited)
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
I used to also watch the nests on the West End bluff; the Sauces-Channel Islands; & the one on Catalina Island. I kind of lost track of them a few yrs ago. 😞
12:44 AM - Feb 05, 2024
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
Yes, those are the ones I was thinking of, plus a pair in Redding. I have watched others in the past--those FL nests seem to be at least 2 weeks ahead of everyone else. I find I always end up back with Jackie and Shadow.
01:04 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}