Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
I know people are talking about the Grammys & the Super Bowl, & I'm gonna let them finish, but in Big Bear, California, a bald eagle named Jackie is sitting in her nest, protecting 3 eggs from a blizzard, with the help of her mate, Shadow, & they're one of the greatest love matches of all time.
12:00 AM - Feb 05, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24.
They certainly are. I Love Jackie & Shadow... I've watched them for years! They've been my favorite Mated Eagles along with *Mr P & TFL* in the Arboretum, *Harriet & M15* in SWFL, & *Romeo & Juliet*, in NEFL. There've been tragedies in All of those nests. I've only got Jackie & Shadow now. 😍🦅🦅
12:18 AM - Feb 05, 2024
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
I just checked in with J&S tonight bc I was hoping they'd laid eggs, to find that I'm a week behind and now there are 3 of them! I am not sure I know some of those pairs, I'm sorry to hear of tragedies at their nests. There are a couple other nests I follow in California but IDK how they are so far.
12:25 AM - Feb 05, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
I used to also watch the nests on the West End bluff; the Sauces-Channel Islands; & the one on Catalina Island. I kind of lost track of them a few yrs ago. 😞
12:44 AM - Feb 05, 2024
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
Yes, those are the ones I was thinking of, plus a pair in Redding. I have watched others in the past--those FL nests seem to be at least 2 weeks ahead of everyone else. I find I always end up back with Jackie and Shadow.
01:04 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}