Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
There is a lot of misinformation about the security incident; here are the facts.

1. Troy contacted me at 12:31 AM EST.

2. I emailed Troy about the data at 2:27 AM EST.

3. At 4:07 AM EST, I notified Troy that we had patched the vulnerability.

4. We sent an email to everyone at 9:45 AM EST.
09:32 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
Within nine hours, we patched the vulnerability and emailed everyone. We then hosted a Pod to address everyone's concerns and answer questions. We did everything that is expected to be done in a situation like this in less than a day. Not months, not weeks, or even days. We did it in hours.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I am sure some people didn't receive the email, but we can't force our email into everyone's inbox. That is why we also posted what happened here and on our help desk. Anyone suggesting we tried to "hide" what happened is simply lying.
Garnet
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I saw the hysteria on Bluesky and headed here to find out what the story was. (no email yet) I was surprised at Xitter-worthy rants there.
IDK if you're on there or want to address it.
https://skyview.social/?ur...
12:17 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Please delete this account
A
I have to informe that I never recieved any communications from Spoutible about this incident, and knew nothin until I recievec "Have I Been Pawned" sin email today. Due to this, and jess activity than anticipated, do I delete my account now.
10:26 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Please delete this account
A
In response to Please delete this account.
I found no way to delete the account, reinforcing my decision to delete it. so I've deleted most of the content
10:45 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Lisa W FirstWave
A
They are lying! I get EVERY email and I READ every email. You have kept us up to date on everything. My mother used to say, “You can’t please everyone”. Thank you and your Team for all that you do for us here on Spoutible.
09:52 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Christopher Brown
A
Cool re: email

Spoutible handled this breach probably as ideally as could be expected, which exceeds expectations.
09:51 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
Mr. Bouzy, you don't have to convince me. I have total confidence in you. NO other social media platform has done more to inform & involve its users in such a hands-on & timely manner. Musk posts conspiracy theories, & FB's Yuckerberg is just the man behind the curtain of RW politicians & lobbyists.
09:48 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
We couldn't ask for better communication. Y'all are the best.
09:48 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Susan L
A
You guys did great.
I hope you don’t let the icky responses make you second guess yourselves. Please remain so fully transparent and open moving forward in the future even though it can feel like, “why bother” when you’re met with that kind of disrespect. It matters a lot to most of us. Thank you.
09:45 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Sue Lee
A
In response to Susan L.
Yeah, all of the accounts I looked at said they were not notified & found out thru the same site.(pwn?). All were created but no spouts, few or no followers or following none. Seemed very “coordinated bot type” responses or spouts. 🤔

I on the other hand got the email at 9 am, saw Bouzy’s spout.
10:51 AM - Feb 05, 2024 (Edited)
Josol
A
You went above and beyond. It has been handled swiftly and carefully. It may happen again and you will handle it again. We trust you.
09:34 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
In response to Josol.
Sir, you handled it better than those guys who would rather say nothing until forced to admit!
11:36 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}