Christopher Bouzy
A
The people on other platforms acting like what happened to Spoutible is unprecedented aren't serious people.

In 2021, 530 million Facebook users' data was scraped, and Facebook didn't even bother to notify their users.

https://firewalltimes.com/...
02:19 PM - Feb 05, 2024
OpenIntro
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Lessons in how not to handle a data breach right here
11:02 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
I've been involved in data breaches at least two dozen times since I started using the web. The only time I had anything serious, it wasn't online - a former employee of my bank had stolen account information, and charged a bunch of small stuff to my bank account. All analog.
08:45 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Ground Control
A
And that's before you get into more recent stuff like the LinkedIn debacle last month.
07:21 PM - Feb 05, 2024
C J Parrish
A
Thanks for the email sent to Spout users. It strengthened my faith in this platform and your commitment to our safety.
07:05 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Yolanda
A
Definitely received an email about a claim form regarding Facebook settlement last year. People get the amnesia when it is convenient.
06:39 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Roar Jorstad
A
Everyone will have a breach some time. The important thing is how fast you react and fixing it. And according to Troy, your and your team was super fast....thanks
03:50 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Michiru ♡
A
And meanwhile in Twitterland…
03:45 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Like people are brand new and all sites fresh as the driven snow.
03:29 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Carol DeFreese
A
Anyone's pants-on-fire reaction to Spoutible's minor issue is pure theatrics designed to spread doubt and panic. The vulnerability was fixed, users were notified lightning fast, and action is being taken against those responsible. Thanks for your transparency- I couldn't ask for anything more.
02:57 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Anne King
A
Honestly, there aren't enough characters to even begin to explain why I stopped supporting Meta.

Thank you for creating this alternative for all of us & our families.
02:57 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Lisse (she/her)
A
Christopher, you are most definitely being targeted for being Black, and making waves right now! You are producing a great alternative platform with more content and a safe space. You’re also completely transparent about this scrap. We’re proud to be part of this project! 🐳
02:46 PM - Feb 05, 2024 (Edited)
Angelique Yaich
A
Personally
1) I appreciate your notifying me.
2) I believe you have the skills to deal with this kind of breach now and in the future in the best interest of the Spouters.
02:45 PM - Feb 05, 2024

@cbouzy deleted this reply.

02:25 PM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}