Bun the Franky
A
Tilly, nothing but respect for you, and I love your book so far, but if this minor scraping incident is enough to cause you to abandon a platform, it may be enlightening to see a list of data breaches over the last 2 years. This is a blip. https://tech.co/news/data-...
Tilly Bridges @tillybridges
okay friendos, the data breach is too much for me. I'm gonna bail by the end of the day. You can find me here:

Bluesky: @ tillybridges.bsky.social
Insta and Threads: @ heckyeahtillybridges
Mastodon: @ tillybridges @ mastodon.social

be good, humans
02:29 PM - Feb 05, 2024
02:49 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Travel Buff
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
Bye
03:47 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Rebecca
A
I dunno. I can't take anyone seriously who is so concerned about this data breach that they're going to Bluesky and Mastadon which also have data breaches, they just hide them better, and Threads owned by Zuckerberg who just sell's Tilly's data outright. Like that makes no sense at all.
02:58 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Rebecca.
It certainly seems like trading one site with some minor issues for other sites with massive issues (Zuck, Jack Dorsey, Nazis and pedos all over Mastodon, etc.)
03:00 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Unapologetically Beth
A
Instagram and threads. 😬
02:56 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Unapologetically Beth.
Yeah, I don't see how anything owned by Zuckerberg or Dorsey could be safer and more inclusive in any way.
03:02 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Tilly Bridges
A
not here to argue or debate with people. Bouzy lied (passwords were indeed compromised), used entirely unsecure code, and wouldn't even listen to trans people when we told him his policies on sex workers were transphobic. just because it happens elsewhere doesn't make what he did okay. not worth it.
02:54 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Pro-Science Establishment Dem
B
In response to Tilly Bridges.
04:05 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Mary Becker
A
In response to Tilly Bridges.
What was his lie exactly? The climate is ripe for suing defamation. I do know C Bouzy said there would be hacks and nothing can be done about that. Every single site gets hacked. You're bringing up old shit that never took off then. Pay attention.
08:15 PM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}