WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 1/7
And the testing continues - tp rule out Cushing Syndrome (not Cushing's Disease - that's...different). The other cortisol tests came back high, so I had a CT scan of my adrenal glands. Normal. So MRI of my pituitary gland coming up on Thursday. And more labs - high cortisol suppression test. Yay.
10:06 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 2/7
Learn more about Cushing Syndrome (that sweet, sweet biochemistry review)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1sXgd5ui8
Cushing Syndrome - causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, pathology - YouTube

What is Cushing syndrome? Cushing syndrome is a condition characterized by long-term exposure to high cortisol levels. Find our full video library only on Os...

10:07 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 3/7
Frankly, all the testing doesn't even bother me - I'm glad that my doctor is taking this seriously and is just as interested to get to the bottom of this as I am. And it started with an off-hand question at the end of our last appointment - "Could there be an endocrine reason for this exhaustion?"
10:09 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 4/7
Being a Black woman who's neurodivergent and overweight, I'm not used to doctors offering more than, "it's anxiety", "it's in your head" (if you have any mental health dx in your chart, you're gonna hear that a lot, it's frustrating), "just lose weight". My old primary did test my iron stores bc
10:11 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 5/7
I am iron-deficient anemic (long-standing dx) and have pernicious anemia (inherited from mother - my surviving sisters also have it). And yes, that needs to be worked on.

But I can tell the difference between the tiredness that comes w my chronic illnesses and something more. This is more.
10:14 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 6/7
I'm glad my endocrinologist listened.
10:14 AM - Feb 06, 2024
WimterCuddlyOwl
A
thread 7/7
Now to see my nephrologist this afternoon. Back doing the rounds.
10:15 AM - Feb 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}