Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/4
Toby Keith represented everything that was nauseating about post-9/11 white men who called themselves patriots and draped their Islamophobia and hatred in the American flag and support of Bush and 2 wars. Then he writes a song about it, deepening his hatred and misogyny.
11:10 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/4
I don't give a rat's ass that he died of cancer. In many ways he was a cancer. Though some people have short memories, I do not. Country stars like him and Travis Tritt used their large platforms to spread hate, misogyny, racism. It all came in one big old package for the country fans to eat up.
11:48 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/4
As far as I know he never felt shame for people he hurt, stupid things he said, or any of it. In Bush's America he was a hero and a Patriot. In Trump's America he was a wishy-washy jerk who claimed he supported America, not Trump, and yet did fundraisers and accepted medals. OK, Toby.
11:51 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/4
So, he's gone now. I hope he reconciled all his shit with his maker, though if his public persona was any indication he didn't feel he did a damn thing wrong.

There are people who mourn him. Family, friends, fans. I understand their pain and would never negate it. But death doesn't absolve him.
11:54 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I had zero clue. I don't listen to country like that. I posted a music video this morning having zero clue. I know now. 💜♾️☹️
12:04 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
Oh you didn't know about Toby? Wow. Yeah, in the early 00s he acted like a whole ass and was rewarded for it by people who later mostly became MAGAts.
01:39 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
The Dixie Chicks send their regards to him...
11:49 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Alfalpha Male ✔️.
I want so much to do like a 20 spout thread about it but I'm work and it was 20 years ago so I know I'd mess up some of the details. But suffice to say he wasn't shit and country music really let the Chicks down.
11:56 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Josef Konrad
A
Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines wore this "FUTK" shirt to the ACM Awards in 2003. It supposedly stood for "Friends United Together in Kindness".

She later admitted it was her way of flipping off Keith for being on the wrong side of history.
11:17 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Josef Konrad.
Natalie Maines is, aand always has been, a hero. He deserved so much more than that shit for what he did to them.
11:57 AM - Feb 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}