Remo
A
I know nothing of her issue but I fully support her. Evangelicals said Catholic Kennedy could not be president. Jon Voight's politics suck but he is a fair actor. Personally, I do not ask my world-famous cardiologist his politics, nor he mine.
Beliefs and abilities must be kept separate.
09:57 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Casey Wagner
A
In response to Remo.
If you "know nothing of her issue but support her" then you are every bit the villain in this story that she is.

Shame on you.
10:28 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Remo
A
In response to Casey Wagner.
I was saying that no matter her issue, it should not be relevant to work. Being a woman or a Catholic or a Jew or handicapped should not affect a job in the same manner.
I am saying her words outside of work are not relevant to her job.
What I am describing is a large part of what the ACLU does
10:33 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Kos
A
A few years ago, I might have joined you in this - I can no longer do that given the state of our national discourse and the efforts which have been successfully made to re-normalize bigotry and hate-speech.
In response to Remo.
10:57 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Remo
A
In response to Kos.
I said I do not know the specifics. There may be justification. I am going on the principle that ostracism should not happen because of politics, religion, gender, age, and several more. If I were to look at the specifics, I might agree.
It is nice to have a civil discussion.
11:05 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Remo.
You keep saying you don't know the details, so why are you offering an opinion?

She, like everyone, is entitled to her beliefs and opinions, no matter how hateful and ignorant they are. She is NOT entitled to be free of the consequences of airing those in public to the detriment of her employer.
12:48 PM - Feb 07, 2024

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}