Matlock
A
thread 1/8
Working my way through my wife's library of Nancy Drew games for the first time. I have finished game #7 : Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. Here's my brief review.

Rating: ❤️❤️❤️🖤🖤
It's pretty great! Best one so far.
#VibeoGrames #gaming #NancyDrew
03:09 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Matlock
A
thread 2/8
The Good:
- buppy
- The addition of the PDA removes any ability for you to get stuck in a "what can I possibly do now" situation
- Characters are interesting and it's genuinely difficult to tell who the culprit is until you're so late in the game you've basically already solved it
Matlock
A
thread 3/8
More Good:
- Pictures of dogs
- Feels good to uncover the secrets of the house bit by bit
- Puzzles are very logical and can be reasoned without magically intuiting what the devs were thinking
Matlock
A
thread 4/8
Even More Good:
- Graphics are easily the best in the series so far. It'll still obvious HeR Interactive is a small team on a budget but they go all out for this one, not just in environments but in character design. Red Knott is a particular favorite.
- buppy
Matlock
A
thread 5/8
The Bad:
- About that PDA: sometimes the dev are *too* invested in helping out, and outright give you the solution.
- Navigation isn't terrible *except* in the forest
- The sequence where you have to replace your batteries sucks and could be removed entirely from the game without losing anything
Matlock
A
thread 6/8
The Weird:
- You're given PPE equipment and told about safety but I don't know of any place you're required to use them?
- Once you find the culprit's hideout you can hear the dogs, but you cannot see them and you aren't allowed to pet them.
Matlock
A
thread 7/8
Another thing:
- Red Knott, concerned about fire safety, asks you if you smoke cigarettes. Sir, this is 2002 and I am a millennial teenage girl. I smoke weed like everyone else.
Matlock
A
thread 8/8
OVERALL: Easily the best so far. No fiddly bits where you get stuck trying to find some hidden object two pixels wide. Story is interesting. Characters are great. House is fun to explore. And there are dogs.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}