Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
A reporter I know and haven't heard from in months, randomly contacts me to lecture me about passwords. I explained to her we use bcrypt to hash passwords. Here is her response. It actually gets worse....
06:18 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
Then she accused me of not notifying our users about changing passwords and 2FA. This is an actual reporter with years of experience, and she didn't know we contacted our users within hours of learning about the vulnerability, and forced all of our users to use strong passwords. Wow...🤦🏾‍♂️
06:18 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
This is every bit as ignorant as Christopher indicates. In my mind, the event is resolved.

I'm re-upping a long thread I did on the password hashes. It's a primer on what they are and a bit about what a hacker would need to do with hashed passwords to make use of them.
12:59 PM - Feb 12, 2024
Used ToBeGop
B
What a lazy and ignorant reporter.
10:12 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Kent Ahrens
A
“It’s easy to compare hashed passwords to commonly used ones.”

Cracking commonly used passwords is easy in any situation. That’s why you don’t use them!
12:29 AM - Feb 11, 2024
Jose Gonzalez
A
WTF? I got your email explaining the issue, remediation recommendations and invite to the Pod within hours of you being contacted. I would normally be inclined to say that this person is "uninformed," but if they're a journalist, and given the objective facts, then i'm going with "an idiot."
11:20 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Bev Turner
A
08:38 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
So she just had to do NO ONE in all caps, huh? I've got some caps for her. WTF kind of reporter are you?
07:47 PM - Feb 10, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
07:51 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Susan Simon
A
There are C- students everywhere, who copied their book report from the web and today uses ChatGPT or other AI to get that homework IN! Ah well. This former teacher just sighs.........
06:49 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Pam I
A
😳 Oh my...😵‍💫
06:36 PM - Feb 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}