Matlock
A
thread 1/7
Working my way through my wife's library of Nancy Drew games for the first time. I have finished game #8 : The Haunted Carousel. Here's my brief review.

Rating: ❤️🖤🖤🖤🖤
this one isn't very good :(
#VibeoGrames #gaming #NancyDrew
04:57 PM - Feb 13, 2024
Matlock
A
thread 2/7
The Good
- Graphics are nice, especially considering the era and sizer of the team
- Eh, it works? Like, there are no bad bugs
- Hard to say, there wasn't a lot of great stuff in this game imo
Matlock
A
thread 3/7
The Bad
- A lot, so here are the highlights
- Voice acting obnoxious, especially with Joy, who responds to incredibly traumatic memories with dull surprise
- Miles the Magnificent Memory Machine is not funny or cute and the VA speaks in a way that was cliche for robot voices in the 80s
Matlock
A
thread 4/7
More Bad
- The culprit's motivation is lacking and the plot ends up being too preposterous to entertain. I can only suspend disbelief so much.
- Game punishes you with game over scenarios just for you trying stuff out. This was wrong when Sierra did it in the 80s and it's wrong now.
Matlock
A
thread 5/7
There's still more bad
- The arcade games are atrocious. They managed to mess up Breakout. We optimized that in 1976. This game came out in 2003.
- Nancy is a narc. You are required to rat out an employee to his boss because he is an ex-con. Which his boss already knew. Extremely not ok, Nancy.
Matlock
A
thread 6/7
The Weird
- Nancy's Drew's VA mispronounces the word "carousel" multiple times. Did they not have the budget for a second take?
- Room service charges 65 cents for a soft drink. Just a reminder to y'all we're never getting those prices back.
Matlock
A
thread 7/7
OVERALL: Did not like this one. It's not god-awful like Stay Tuned For Danger but it just falls flat. Nothing works right in this game and it feels like doing random errands for 3 hours. I'll accept some silliness from kids games, but this one was wildly unbelievable and grating to play.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}