Margaret Sheehan
A
thread 1/5
Honest-to-god I get a headache dealing with the Election Authority in Kendall County, Illinois.
Today was Election Judge training on the computer used for the voter rolls. To give the Election Authority credit, most of it was correct.
THEN we get to the last question needed to sign in, sex.
12:30 AM - Feb 16, 2024
Margaret Sheehan
A
thread 2/5
Two choices, male or female.
The Election Judge doesn't even need to ask, just put in one answer.
The discussion began with 'what if the voter chooses neither'. The program will not allow a voter to continue without one or the other being checked.
Margaret Sheehan
A
thread 3/5
The County Clerk was non-committal, but one of the Election Judges insisted on asking the voter their sex-at-birth.
I won't put up with this! This is a clear violation of the Illinois Constitution.
Margaret Sheehan
A
thread 4/5
"No person shall be denied the right to register to vote or to cast a ballot in an election based on race, color, ethnicity, status as a member of a language minority, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or income."
Margaret Sheehan
A
thread 5/5
Illinois Constitution, Article III, Section 8

Especially not for the amusement of some Election Judge who thinks it is a joke.
Margaret Sheehan
A
In response to Margaret Sheehan.
The summary gets one point wrong.

It isn't having only 2 choices in the database that I see as a violation of the Illinois Constitution.
It is that an Election Judge would publicly question a voter on their sex at birth for their own prurient interest and amusement or to make some political point.
12:36 AM - Feb 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}