Kimberley Johnson
A
Please check your news sources. It's easy to fall for headlines we want to be true. But just because it's a headline doesn't mean it's true. We don't live in that world. We kind of lived there once. But that's over. It's important in a world of disinformation to be discerning about our posts.
08:29 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Spirit Island
A
In response to Kimberley Johnson.
Some mainstream media outlets do some fact checking, snopes isn't so bad, but none of them catch it all, esp now with #AI scams exploding. #FactChecks #FactCheckBeforeSpouting helps everybody! https://apnews.com/ap-fact...
02:32 PM - Oct 02, 2023 (Edited)
Cloe Skawl
B
Youtube is frought with wishful but bogus headlines with lying video. Still, there are the gullable who will believe it because they want to.
03:00 AM - Sep 26, 2023
Carol Lovely
A
Definitely in the era of Fake News as in Lies Lies and More Lies. Our media is corrupt. Scroll back to Nazi Germany. That’s where we are
10:23 AM - Sep 19, 2023
Dr K
A
And be sure to read the article before commenting. Sometimes the person who researches and writes the article is NOT the person who creates the title. There can be a major disconnect.
06:23 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Donald Albertson
A
Especially since headlines are often misleading.
10:49 AM - Mar 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Kai Kronfield
A
And it's important if someone makes an honest mistake and posts something that's proven wrong, that we give them space to correct it/learn from it without piling on them. People are rarely convinced by an angry mob.
10:59 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Don Rowe
A
Know what is possible. Accept conditions you dislike when your opponent agrees to do the same. Rinse and repeat until a set of mutually beneficial conditions can be agreed upon.
10:18 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Lawrence Allen
A
I think we've taken for granted that the news media is supposed to be fair and honest. It kind of shakes you to your core to realize that's not the case. Most people don't have the time or interest to investigate every news story we read. We take everything at face value.
09:14 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Kimberley Johnson
A
In response to Lawrence Allen.
I'm specifically talking about trusted news sources--that may not always get it right but will correct--versus smaller blogs that with clickbait headlines.
09:20 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Dwayne Tuck
A
Agreed. It's too easy to share something because it aligns with our personal beliefs. Take a minute to perform basic fact checking.
08:40 PM - Mar 10, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
In response to Dwayne Tuck.
Fact checking is a learned skill that not everyone has.
More n more I notice that the search engines are not bringing up websites & information that I know was once easily found.
Am going to trust there is a community here, that will call whatever out -cuz this helps everyone.
08:51 PM - Mar 10, 2023
M Briatack
A
Yep, I said the same last night when about someone who always posts wishful thinking as factual headlines. I'm sure a few can guess....
08:37 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Ozark Individual
B
Absolutely
08:35 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
Very true, and easy to be fooled if you don’t check the source. I am a PBS/NPR fan and am pretty confident in their fact checking.
08:33 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Idiots Abound, LLC
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
Not trying to be a dick: You ought to. They are sus.
10:08 PM - Mar 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}