Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 1/10
🚨SCAM CALL ALERT!🚨

A new scam call is on the rise. Happened to me today. Here's how it works.

I received a call from a number. The caller ID read DOCUPROCESS GA. I was sleep when they called so they left a voice mail. I call my voice mail box & listen.
06:26 PM - Feb 16, 2024 (Edited)
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 2/10
The voice mail states they're requesting I call them regarding documents sent to me regarding a legal matter. It's urgent & I should call today. (Sounds suspicious already)

So, I take down the reference number, the phone number, & the name of the business (ABA). (More suspicious)!
06:26 PM - Feb 16, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 3/10
When I call, I get a prompt that says an agent will speak to me shortly. I wait a few minutes. Then I finally speak with someone. She's nice at first. Asking me to verify my social.

Me: "I just want to know what this matter is about."

Scammer: "It's a legal matter."
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 4/10
Me: "What kind of legal matter?"

Scammer: "Civil action being taken against you."

Me: "Civil action by whom?"

Scammer: "I can't give you that information until I can verify your name & social security number."

Me: (For sure know it's a scam but let's play) "Well I called ABA. Who is ABA?"
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 5/10
Scammer: "Abbot, Brown, & Associates. In Portland, OR. Please verify the last 4 of your social."

Me: "Why?"

Scammer: "So I can open the document."

Me: "What's the address for Abbot, Brown, & Associates?"

Scammer: "I'm not giving you that information unless this is Ms. Hurst."
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 6/10
Me: "But why you need that information to open a document?"

Scammer: (Getting angry) "Is this Ms. Hurst? I'm not giving any information unless I can verify your identity."

Me: "Maybe it is me. Maybe I'm her twin. Maybe I'm her ghost."

Scammer: "I have your caller ID."
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 7/10
Me: "I'm not verifying anything. You'd give me an address if this wasn't a scam."

Scammer: "I'm going to forward the documents for legal action."

Me: "OK. But get a real job that's not scamming people." (Hangs up)
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 8/10
The person(s) behind this have setup a sophisticated system. Boiler room tactics on the employees. They in turn scare potential victims. Here's the number they called from.
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 9/10
The number they left for me to call was 1-888-705-1392. I probably shouldn't have called the number. But in hindsight, I'm glad I did to bring awareness to people. Will file a report with the BBB. If you get this call ignore, report, block, etc. Just don't give them your info.
Young Lesbian Dre
A
thread 10/10
I did take some satisfaction in wasting about 6min of their time. Hopefully it was 6min that kept them from calling someone elderly, intellectually disabled, etc who would've been a victim. Also, it's early in the tax season but IRS scams are common. Be vigilant!
06:38 PM - Feb 16, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}