Social Media Ecosystem
A
Let's Talk About - Black Twitter & Chris Rock. Black Twitter wasn't impressed with Rock's special. Think he catered to white folks at the expense of Black folks. I can see that POV. Not sure Rock cares. He was paid $40M for it & folks are talking.

#sme #theculture #ChrisRock #Netflix #theroot
09:50 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Jan Fuller
A
In response to Social Media Ecosystem.
I'm grateful for the perspectives you provide that give me a clearer understanding of the ongoing saga. Sometimes we (the white we) get weighed down by opinion pieces that give a biased picture or lack depth. Thus, we miss important points of view. Thanks. I'll read more on this.
02:58 PM - Mar 11, 2023
Pamela
A
Fascinating takes. I’ll have to watch it for myself. It’s interesting that folks would think a show filmed in Baltimore would be a show created for white people. Did the audience not reflect local demographics? (Black (60.9%) White (27.3%) and Hispanic (5.6%))
10:14 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
In response to Pamela.
Pamela - Rock is savvy enough to pick a location for meaning. Baltimore is Jada's hometown. I suspect he knew what audience he would pull.
10:24 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
I didn’t watch it. I don’t watch Chappelle’s new stuff either. I’m not sure if I should *just to know* firsthand? 🤷‍♀️

I could recite Bring the Pain and Bigger & Blacker back in the day. Turned a whole lotta my nerdy white college friends onto that shit 👀

Same with Chappelle’s Show.

🤔
09:55 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
#TrueStory one time, late or post-college, we were playing #scattergories and the letter was P and the category was FISH, and when we got to my girl T, she was like “PORK FISH!”

She said it like “POKE FISH!” with CONFIDENCE and we gave her the point 💯💯💯
10:01 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
I didn't see it so IDK the content but if true I am not surprised at all. I am old enough to remember Jesse Helms for at that time was one the worst racist political ad and Michael Jordan's response was republicans buy sneakers too. It is what it is.
09:54 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
The Michael Jordan quote is a myth.
10:15 AM - Mar 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}